These FAQs are here to help you find the information you need, when you need it, but you can always contact AskBU if you’d like to talk to someone in person, by phone or email, or if you have feedback about the FAQs.
"Careers and Employability" 5 SubCategories 60 FAQs
- Where can I find CareersBU?
- Can I book a mock interview?
- Can I still access the CareersBU after I have completed my studies and graduated?
- I am a BUBS student and I cannot secure a mandatory placement, what should I do?
- Can I opt out of my placement year?
- Are the Careers Advisers available during university breaks, including Christmas and summer, for appointments and careers advice?
- What is the Graduate Skills Programme and how can I apply?
- What CareersBU events are there on campus?
- How do I get my placement approved on MyCareerHub?
- Where can I find MyCareerHub?
- How do I apply for an 18+ Student Oyster card with Transport for London (TfL)?
- Where can I find out about jobs, volunteering and placement opportunities?
- Where can I find out about obtaining visas / work permits for working abroad?
- Where can I find the placement form on MyHub/MyCareerHub?
- I need advice about the optional sandwich placement process
- What happens if I can’t find a placement?
- Do I have to complete online enrolment when I'm on a placement/sandwich year?
- Can I study abroad as part of my course?
- I am an employer. How can I get in touch with BU students?
- How can I apply for Erasmus Funding?
- How can I apply for funding for a study exchange?
- Where can I find funding for my overseas placement?
- How can I talk to the Study & Work Abroad team?
- I would like to work or study abroad. Can you help?
- I'm interested in setting up a business. Can you help?
- I've got an interview coming up. Are there any online resources to help?
- I've got an Assessment Centre coming up. Can you help?
- How do I make an appointment for careers advice?
- I'm having trouble logging into MyCareerHub. Can you help?
- Where can I find the Careers & Employability Service?
- What support does the Careers & Employability Service offer?
- I am an international student and would like to study at BU for one semester
- We want to offer a student a placement. Whom should we contact?
- Who can help me with my placement applications?
Careers & Job Application Advice
- Can you help me with networking using Social Media?
- Should I disclose a disability or learning difference to my employer or placement provider?
- What sort of starting salary can I expect as a graduate?
- Do you give careers advice to people who are not students at BU?
- What have other BU graduates done with a degree similar to mine?
- Is it possible to practice psychometric / numeracy tests?
- Can someone help with my CV / covering letter?
Changing or Leaving Course
Employer Enquiries & Careers Fairs
- How can I apply to the Placement Opportunity Fund?
- How do I claim back my NHS placement expenses (TDAE)?
- Repeating units whilst on placement
- Is there any financial support available to help with placement costs?
- Who is my Placement Coordinator / Placement Development Adviser?
- How can I find out more about placement requirements?
- Where can I get advice about finding a placement or having a placement authorised?
- Are there any employer events coming up on campus?
- Will I get the student loan for the sandwich placement year?
- Where can I find the placement coursework and relevant documentation?
- How do I pass the placement year?
- Is there any placement funding available? (UK & EU students)
- Does my course have a compulsory placement?