These FAQs are here to help you find the information you need, when you need it, but you can always contact AskBU if you’d like to talk to someone in person, by phone or email, or if you have feedback about the FAQs.
"Careers and Employability" 7 SubCategories 59 FAQs
- Can I still access the Careers & Employability Service after I have completed my studies and graduated?
- Can I opt out of my placement year?
- Are the Careers Advisers available during summer vacation for appointments and careers advice?
- What Careers & Employability events are there on campus?
- Can I do an internship/traineeship through Erasmus+ at Bournemouth University?
- How do I get my placement approved on MyCareerHub?
- Where can I find MyCareerHub?
- How do I apply for an 18+ Student Oyster card with Transport for London (TfL)?
- Where can I find out about jobs, volunteering and placement opportunities?
- Where can I find out about obtaining visas / work permits for working abroad?
- Where can I find the placement form on MyHub/MyCareerHub?
- What happens if I can’t find a placement?
- Do I have to complete online enrolment when I'm on a placement/sandwich year?
- Can I study abroad as part of my course?
- I am an employer. How can I get in touch with BU students?
- How can I apply for funding for a study exchange?
- Where can I find funding for my overseas placement?
- I've got an interview coming up. Are there any online resources to help?
- How do I make an appointment for careers advice?
- Where can I find the Careers & Employability Service?
- What support does the Careers & Employability Service offer?
- I am an international student and would like to study at BU for one semester
Careers & Job Application Advice
- What is the Global Talent Programme and how can I apply?
- Can you help me with networking using Social Media?
- Should I disclose a disability or learning difference to my employer or placement provider?
- What sort of starting salary can I expect as a graduate?
- Do you give careers advice to people who are not students at BU?
- I'm interested in setting up a business. Can you help?
- What have other BU graduates done with a degree similar to mine?
- I've got an Assessment Centre coming up. Can you help?
- Is it possible to practice psychometric / numeracy tests?
- Can someone help with my CV / covering letter?
Changing or Leaving Course
Employer Enquiries & Careers Fairs
- What should I do if I cannot find a placement due to the Covid-19 pandemic?
- BUBS Placements for 2020/21
- How can I apply to the Placement Opportunity Fund?
- How do I claim back my NHS placement expenses (TDAE)?
- Does the University provide travel insurance whilst students are on placement abroad?
- Repeating units whilst on placement
- Is there any financial support available to help with placement costs?
- Who is my Placement Coordinator / Placement Development Adviser?
- How can I find out more about placement requirements?
- Where can I get advice about finding a placement or having a placement authorised?
- Are there any employer events coming up on campus?
- I need advice about the optional sandwich placement process
- Will I get the student loan for the sandwich placement year?
- Where can I find the placement coursework and relevant documentation?
- How do I pass the placement year?
- Is there any placement funding available? (UK & EU students)
- Does my course have a compulsory placement?
- Who can help me with my placement applications?
Study and Work Abroad