These FAQs are here to help you find the information you need, when you need it, but you can always contact AskBU if you’d like to talk to someone in person, by phone or email, or if you have feedback about the FAQs.
"Careers and Employability" 5 SubCategories 55 FAQs
CareersBU & General Careers Advice
- Can I book a mock interview?
- Can I still access the CareersBU after I have completed my studies and graduated?
- Are the Careers Advisers available during university breaks, including Christmas and summer, for appointments and careers advice?
- What is the Graduate Skills Programme and how can I apply?
- What CareersBU events are there on campus?
- Can you help me with networking using social media?
- Where can I find MyCareerHub?
- Where can I find out about jobs, volunteering and placement opportunities?
- Should I disclose a disability, long term health condition or learning difference to my employer or placement provider?
- Do you give careers advice to people who are not students at BU?
- Where can I find out about jobs on campus?
- I'm interested in setting up a business. Can you help?
- What have other BU graduates done with a degree similar to mine?
- I've got an interview coming up. Are there any online resources to help?
- I've got an Assessment Centre coming up. Can you help?
- Is it possible to practice psychometric / numeracy tests?
- How can I find out about changing my course?
- I'm having trouble logging into MyCareerHub. Can you help?
- Can someone help with my CV / covering letter?
- How do I apply to be a Student Ambassador?
International Students Careers Advice
- I am a student at another institution and would like to work at BU on my placement or as part of an internship after I graduate.
- I need a list of sponsored employers who will employ international students.
- How do I get a National Insurance number?
- I am enrolled at an overseas institution and would like to study at BU as part of an exchange programme
- I am a BUBS student and I cannot secure a mandatory placement, what should I do?
- Can I opt out of my placement year?
- How can I apply to the Placement Opportunity Fund?
- How do I claim back my NHS placement expenses (TDAE)?
- Repeating units whilst on placement
- Is there any financial support available to help with placement costs?
- How do I get my placement approved on MyHub?
- Who is my Placement Coordinator / Placement Development Adviser?
- How do I apply for an 18+ Student Oyster card with Transport for London (TfL)?
- How can I find out more about placement requirements?
- Where can I get advice about finding a placement or having a placement authorised?
- Where can I find the placement form on MyHub?
- I need advice about the optional sandwich placement process
- Will I get the student loan for the sandwich placement year?
- What happens if I can’t find a placement?
- Do I have to complete online enrolment when I'm on a placement/sandwich year?
- Where can I find the placement coursework and relevant documentation?
- How do I pass the placement year?
- Does my course have a compulsory placement?
- Who can help me with my placement applications?
Working or Studying Abroad