FAQ 544
Can I leave my accommodation but stay at university?

You can choose to leave your accommodation at any time. However, you may remain liable for the rent unless you can find a replacement student to take over your room. 

Your contract will contain details about terminating your tenancy agreement so you should read this carefully. Students in halls of residence can find their contracts on our contracts and codes of practice webpage.

To discuss leaving your accommodation early, students in BU Managed accommodation should contact our Residential Services. Students in non-BU managed halls of residence or private accommodation should contact their accommodation provider.