FAQ 460
Can I retake my exam overseas?

If you need to resit your exams overseas you must arrange them with your local office of the British Council or a higher education institution with English speaking staff. Please note that at least 10 days' notice is required to arrange overseas exams.

Once you have obtained the local permission you will need to complete the online overseas exam form.

You will receive an auto-response reply to your request and arrangements will be made for the exam materials to be emailed to your overseas exam centre shortly prior to the exam(s) taking place. If you have any queries with regard to your exam(s) overseas, please email the Examinations team.

Please note: you will be responsible for the payment of any charges that will be incurred at your exam centre.