FAQ 454
Can I get a visa to allow me to work in the UK after I have completed my BU course?

The Graduate visa allows students to work in the UK after successfully completing the course for a maximum of 2 years for undergraduates and postgraduates, or 3 years for PhD students. You would need to have received your final results (successfully passed your course), received an email from BU advising you that you can apply for the Graduate visa, and apply for the Graduate visa inside the UK before your Student visa expires.  

The immigration advisers are not trained to offer immigration advice about other working visas, but we do provide some information on the BU website about the different types of working visa, and links to the Home Office web pages.