FAQ 436
Can I get financial support, as my family has a low income?

If your household income is low, you may be eligible for a BU Maintenance Bursary which is intended for students in need of additional financial assistance. The award is based on your household income assessment which is made by Student Finance England. If you think you may be eligible but have not been notified of an award, please contact AskBU for advice.

If you are struggling financially, BPC Council have provided the following advice for local residents:

Worrying about Money - Support is available in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole

If you are a UK student, you can also check the Student Finance England website for information on all financial support that might be available to you.

Please also check out our Financial Wellbeing pages for lots of information and resources to help your financial situation.