FAQ 435
Is there any financial support for care leavers?

Students who have been in full time care for at least 3 months during the past 5 years can benefit from a generous bursary to help with their costs whilst at university. The bursary is a non-repayable grant, available in each year of study except placement year.   

Find out more about the BU Care Leavers Bursary including eligibility criteria on the BU website.

Help with accommodation for care leavers and estranged students is also available through the Unite Foundation Scholarship. This fund offers rent-free accommodation to students each year across England and Scotland, although places are limited. More information is available on the Unite Foundation Scholarship website.