FAQ 3107
How to find accommodation for a family or a couple

BU has limited family accommodation; you can find further information about our families accommodation on the BU website. If there is no accommodation of this kind available then you will need to consider looking at accommodation in the private sector. Here are some alternative ideas, that may help you find accommodation:     

There are many local private lettings agencies that advertise year-round. BU are unable to recommend any one specific agency, but you can conduct an internet search to view what is available. You can also utilise online websites such as: Rightmove, Bournecoast, SmartHolidayRentals or SpareRoom.   

Here are some neighbourhoods that may have more availability and are still close enough to get the bus to our campuses. It is worth looking a bit further afield outside of central Bournemouth for example:

North: Winton, Wallisdown, Moordown, Ensbury Park, Queens Park,   

East: Southbourne, Christchurch,  

West: Poole (Parkstone, Branksome)

If you would prefer to approach local homeowners who are advertising their own lets instead of using agents, try this resource:  Gumtree 

Please also see - Homestay – Local home owners advertising rooms/studios, in some cases these hosts make a private studio area in their home to rent to students.