FAQ 3076
I don't know yet whether I will do a placement year/I have decided not to go on placement - how should I apply for/amend my funding?

Question 1 - I don't know yet whether I will do a placement year - should I apply for funding?

We would advise you make an application for Student Finance to ensure you get your funding in place as soon as possible for the next academic year. You can find out what this means for your funding on our Placement year funding webpage.

Question 2 – I am currently making my application to Student Finance and have decided to progress into my final year instead of doing a placement; how can I change this? 

You will need to change your course from the 4 year sandwich version to the 3 year full time version.  This is to ensure you receive the correct Maintenance Loan and Tuition Fee Loan.   The course details sections on your student finance application is where you will need to update this; click on 'change this answer', then select the 3 year version of your course (not 4 year sandwich).

Question 3 - I have decided not to go on my placement year - how do I change my Student Finance application?

If, after applying for your funding, you decide to change your study option and progress into final year rather than your placement year, you will be able to change this on your account once Student Finance have processed and approved your original application (you will receive your entitlement letter to confirm this).  The start of this YouTube video also provides helpful guidance:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd0ncgq9Q3Y