These FAQs are here to help you find the information you need, when you need it, but you can always contact AskBU if you’d like to talk to someone in person, by phone or email, or if you have feedback about the FAQs.
Due to the licensing partnership between the University and Microsoft, current BU students can now download Office 365 ProPlus for free. Office 365 ProPlus includes all the familiar and full Office applications and offers the ability for these to be locally installed on up to five devices and available offline.
Before downloading, it may be necessary to remove previous versions of Office as errors could occur during installation. If previous Office versions are not removed and errors do occur, remove all versions of Office through the Programs and Features Control Panel.
Please Note: Office 365 is only free during the duration of your course, so please consider this before removing any previous office versions.
How to download
• Head to http://outlook.com/bournemouth.ac.uk
• In Outlook Web Access, click the sprocket (top right hand corner)
• Select Office365 Settings and click software
• Office should automatically be selected
• Select Language – For English, select English (United States)
• Select Version – 32 or 64 bit • Click Install • At the prompt, click Run (you can save the file at this point if you wish)
• Walk through the prompts until Office is installed Once downloaded, you can run Office on up to five machines (PC or MAC).
You can also run Office Mobile for Android or Office Mobile for iPhone on up to 5 mobile devices. Office versions available are:
• Office 365 ProPlus for PC (Office 2013 ProPlus base applications)
• Office 365 ProPlus for Mac (Office 2011 for Mac base applications)
• Office Mobile for iPhone
• Office Mobile for Android Applications available: For PC (Windows 7 or 8)
• Word 2013
• Excel 2013
• PowerPoint 2013
• OneNote 2013
• Access 2013
• Publisher 2013
• Outlook 2013
• Lync 2013
• InfoPath 2013 For Mac
• Word 2011
• Excel 2011
• PowerPoint 2011
• Outlook 2011 For iPhone and Android
• Word Mobile • Excel Mobile
• PowerPoint Mobile
• OneNote and Lync Mobile available as separate download.
For more information please visit the Microsoft UK Higher Education Blog.