FAQ 2952
Can I opt out of my placement year?

If your degree includes an optional placement year, you can choose to opt out of the placement and receive a three-year degree instead of a sandwich degree. You should contact your faculty to find out how and when you can opt out of your placement year. If you are unsure who this is, please contact AskBU and tell us the name of the course you are studying, and we will provide contact details. 

If a placement year is a mandatory part of your course, you cannot opt out. 

Further information can be found in our Placement Policy, in the Placement section of our Important Information page.