FAQ 2947
What happens to my student finance if I withdraw from my course?

If you interrupt your studies or withdraw from them completely part way through an academic year, Student Finance will recalculate the amount of loan you can be paid for the academic year, up to the date of your withdrawal/interruption. This may result in an over payment being calculated, as you will usually have been paid the maintenance funding for an entire term in advance.

Overpayments are not considered under the same rules as the rest of the student loan. They must be paid back sooner and are not subject to income thresholds. For more information see Student Loans Company - Grant and Loan Overpayments.