FAQ 2930
What funding can I get if I'm taking a break from my studies?

If you're taking a break from studying (i.e. interrupting your studies) then you may be able to access some financial support via Student Finance under compelling personal reasons and discretionary funding.

To get advice on what support you may be able to access, please contact SUBU Advice.

If you interrupt your studies, Student Finance will reassess your entitlement for the year. You are only entitled to funding for the period of your enrolment, so if you take a break from study your entitlement may be reduced, resulting in an overpayment.

Overpayments are different to the rest of the loan and must be paid back sooner. For more information see 

Student Finance England - Grant and Loan Overpayments

Student Finance Wales - Reassessment of your Entitlement

Student Finance Northern Ireland - Overpayment Following a Reassessment

Student Awards Agency Scotland - Overpayments and Debt Recovery