These FAQs are here to help you find the information you need, when you need it, but you can always contact AskBU if you’d like to talk to someone in person, by phone or email, or if you have feedback about the FAQs.
Our Student Medical Centre (Talbot Campus) is in Talbot House on Talbot Campus and is open from 8.45am - 5pm during term time only. You can use the Klinik online system to book or cancel an appointment, contact us about new or existing health conditions, medication requests, vaccinations, and various other services. We will assess your needs and respond to you quickly by phone, text or email. Please note: The phone number (01202 965378) is often busy so please be patient.
If you need medical advice, you can also use the following options:
- Speak to a local pharmacy for minor illnesses
- Call NHS 111
- Call the Talbot Medical Centre (Kinson Road) in on 01202 636400
- You can also download the NHS app to access more services
- For emergency contraception please contact the Sexual Health Dorset website or call 0300 303 1948
- If it is an emergency please call 999 - if you are on campus please call 01202 962222 instead of 999 as this will ensure help gets to you quickly. We will call 999 for you and our staff will know to direct the emergency services to your location.
Suggestions for and complaints about the Medical Centre
The suggestions and complaints procedure for the Student Medical Centre and Talbot Medical Centre can be found here: Talbot Medical Centre suggestions and complaints.
Complaints can also be emailed to: email@example.com.