These FAQs are here to help you find the information you need, when you need it, but you can always contact AskBU if you’d like to talk to someone in person, by phone or email, or if you have feedback about the FAQs.
Our user-friendly self-service IT portal is available to all students.
It allows you to easily log and track tickets, has a live feed for updates on Twitter, has links to the improved knowledge base, a direct link to live chat and links to the user guides for all AV equipment across the University.
Using your normal login details to access the portal, you will be offered five main options:
- Report an IT fault - IT not working? Let us know!
- Raise an IT Request - request systems access, software etc
- Student Records Issues - report issues with myHub, eVision etc
- Learning and Teaching Systems - report issues with Brightspace, Panopto, Mahara or Zoom
- Report an IT incident - report phishing, malware, loss or theft
You can also use the IT self-serve search-bar to browse and search for solutions, forms, FAQs and service information.
This page also helpfully shows any jobs that you currently have open with IT.