FAQ 2347
I have been the victim of a crime; where can I find some support?

Victim Support give emotional and practical help to people who have been affected by crime in Dorset. They are an independent charity whom you can contact for support regardless of whether you’ve contacted the police or not and no matter when the crime took place. 

If you prefer, they can offer support without the involvement of the criminal justice system and will not contact them about you unless they feel someone is at risk.  

They will help you for as long as it takes to overcome the impact of crime and you can contact them via the main Victim Support webpage or the Dorset Victim Support webpage.

The HomeSafe Crime Prevention Project is a collaboration between Dorset Police and the LifeCentre in Winton, sponsored by Bournemouth University.

The project aims to support victims of crime, specifically local residents who have been burgled or a victim of a theft, by providing them with advice and products to enable them to feel safe and secure in their own home and the local community. 

Our on-campus police team can also provide security and personal safety advice – they are happy to chat if you want to get in touch.

You can find their contact details on our website page -  Bournemouth Campus Police

If you would like further wellbeing support from BU please see our Student Wellbeing Service pages where you can find out more about the services available and register online.