These FAQs are here to help you find the information you need, when you need it, but you can always contact AskBU if you’d like to talk to someone in person, by phone or email, or if you have feedback about the FAQs.
The Art department is part of Culture and Sport department and sits within Student Services.
Fine art is an important part of BU and greatly enhances the look and atmosphere of the University. We aim to display artwork that is thought provoking and engaging for the viewer and fits with our BU2018 vision. As we go about our daily lives, using the facilities on campus, art is a part of our surroundings that promotes a sense of wellbeing and relaxation for all to enjoy and share.
There are various art works displayed throughout both Talbot and Lansdowne campuses, the main collections as follows:
Poole House and Grounds
• Sculpture park situated at the front of University
• Atrium Art Gallery– rolling programme of exhibitions
The Sir Michael Cobham Library and Court Yard
• Sculpture court yard
• First floor painting gallery
Lee’s Lecture Theatre Foyer
• John Liddell print collection
• Ground Floor Foyer – sculpture & paintings
• First Floor Law Library – Painting
• Lift lobby – painting gallery
• Wellbeing centre – varied collection of art works
There is lots more information on the Art at BU webpages.