These FAQs are here to help you find the information you need, when you need it, but you can always contact AskBU if you’d like to talk to someone in person, by phone or email, or if you have feedback about the FAQs.
If you're going on a mandatory placement in London as part of your course, you may be eligible to apply for an 18+ Student Oyster card with Transport for London (TfL). This offers 30% off the price of adult-rate Travelcards and Bus & Tram Pass season tickets. More information can be found on the 18+ Student Oyster card page of the TfL website.
To apply please ensure you complete the following steps;
1. Make sure all your placement details are up-to-date on MyCareerHub.
2. Fill out an online application with TfL N.B. You'll need to click the blue link titled 'Coming to London on a work placement?' underneath the Apply Now button.
3. Complete the Letter Request Form on our website, selecting 'Oyster Card Letter'. You'll need an original copy of this letter so please select 'Post' when you state how you wish to receive this letter.
4. Make sure we have your up-to-date "Contact Address" on myHub. This should be the address where you're staying while on placement in London. Please also ensure you change this again when you return to your studies in Bournemouth.
5. You can then forward this letter onto TfL and they will send you a card once authorised.