FAQ 2156
I am not happy with the outcome of an Academic Offences hearing. Can I appeal?

Your outcomes letter will outline who you should contact in the first instance and the timescales permitted.

NB: You cannot appeal against the actual decision made, unless you believe mal-administration or procedural irregularity has occurred.

If you are not happy with the response, you are entitled to contact the Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA). The details and the timescales will be included in your Completion of Procedures Letter.

The appeals procedure can be found on the Important Information page, in the Appeals section.

If you require any additional support, SUBU Advice will also be able to advise on the process.